Monday, August 12, 2013

hola ya'll!? 
kind of a mix of my new language I guess.. haha so not anything too exciting happened this week. I found my new favorite food.. called Molette. Its like chocolate spicy sauce with chicken, tortilla, cheese... haha SO good. 
So this week we had exchanges. It was really weird teaching with someone else! But they went good.
 Also this week we had interviews with President Weston. I found out my new assignment... So I'm staying in Sioux city Iowa. And I will be getting an English companion. Which means I will be switched to work in an English ward. Except I will attend the spanish branch as well.. So on Sundays I will go to 2 churches. haha but just working with English. Then in September with this new transfer, I will be switched back to just Espanol. KIIIIIINDA difficult. But yeah. Oh, we have zone training this week, and I was asked to give a training! So that's going to be a really cool opportunity :) 
So something really interesting that President told me, is that we are super focusing on making the members do the missionary work. He asks that we invite all the members to fast and pray about one person they want to bring to the gospel. And we as missionaries have one job-- to help them come up with a teaching plan that they can teach that person themselves. He said to me "These new investigators will not be your investigators, they will be the members. you won't be doing the teaching."... So it's crazy how much we're going to be involving the members now! Missionary work sure is changing!
So my spanish is coming along excellent! When we had exchanges, my comp didn't speak any spanish. so I was forced to speak it to the members.. and I was having conversations with them! It was really neat.
So I'm still teaching my English class... And I dont know if I shared this experience with you guys yet, but something super funny happened. So in espanol, when you're praying and you say "I ask thee..." you say "Te Pido". So I was writing this on the board during my english class, and I accidently said "Te Pedo". And everyone started busting up laughing and almost crying. And I felt so dumb cause I didn't know what I just said. So then finally someone told me that I basically said " I fart". So yeah.... gotta love learning a new language right?

Yo se que este evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero.  Yo se que el libro de mormon is verdadero. Estoy agradecido que Jose Smith restauro el evangelio de Jesucristo. Yo se que oracion es muy importante, y que Dios quiere comunicar con sus hijos, porque El nos ama. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment