Monday, August 12, 2013

This week really strengthened my testimony of why I am on a mission. We didn't do very good with our teaching, because we were so busy with other things! We had zone training on Wednesday, and I gave a training to my zone on working with members. That went really well. And then we went to Omaha on Thursday for a trainer/trainee meeting. That was so amazing!!! I received some super good inspiration.
At the training, we were challenged to keep a "prayer journal".. and to write down revelation we receive through our prayers. They told us it would be like our very own Doctrine and Covenants. They also challenged us to double the length of our prayers... crazy. I'm super impatient, so getting on my knees and praying at night is already hard for me. But I now say 20 minute prayers... I sound like a crazy person... haha 
But let me give this advice for anyone who is reading this.... Keep a prayer journal. It is so amazing, and almost weird... the revelation that you get. I feel like my relationship with my Heavenly Father is so much more personal, and I feel like he actually speaks to me. I love it. So I'm committing everyone who is reading this to do that! I promise you won't regret it, and you'll see such a difference in peace in your life:)
So something cool that happened... we were talking to this less active who hasn't been to church in FOREVER. Literally... like years I think. And we've been coming and meeting with his wife who is an investigator. He normally avoids us like the plague when we come over. But this time he came out and talked to us. He told us how he's grieving over his sisters death, and can't find happiness. But when we come over, he feels the Holy Ghost.. and feels this happiness, but that it doesn't last long. We talked to him about the atonement, and how important the sacrament was, because it renews your baptismal covenants, which allows you to have the Spirit with you always. We challenged him to come to church. But we didn't think he would come. But guess what... he came!!!! That was so cool. Such a tender mercy from the Lord. Also, we had 2 other less active families that we've been working with, come to church for the first time in a long time:) 

This week my companion goes home to Japan, and I'm really sad about it. But I know that she will do great things! I can't believe my first transfer is already over... I am so grateful for this gospel. How blessed am I to know the truth...? Out of ALLLL the people in this world that don't have a clue... How did I get so blessed to know the truth. It's pure madness! But that's why I'm on a mission... I can't stand the thought of people not knowing the truth. ( mosiah 28:3..check it out. so good) anywho. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment